Tuesday, February 5, 2013

SUV Shipping Blues


Patience, that asset often eludes me. Being dreadfully long on imagination at times, I can see my Mercedes, SUV getting off the ship somewhere far away. 
We named the 1998 ML, Beni, so we’re talking old friend.
Last week the shipper and hauler were all over me to pay a COD bill on pick up and the shipper was requesting final balance actually before they had done anything physical like picking the vehicle up. Was it just an efficient routine?
COD was settled to be at delivery today. I am expecting to receive an email telling me that Beni arrived at Sea Star parking lot in Jacksonville, Florida, and pay up.
If Beni were a child, it would be time to call an Amber Alert, but Beni is a car, so prudence dictates waiting.
The shipper is a BBB, Better Business Bureau Member in good standing. Their website is fabulous. The hauler has a sharp, if anonymous web site. I don’t like company sites that don’t mention a single human being.
As on top of things as these folks were last week, I am staggered to report not a peep out of them this week. What should I think about this?
Sea Star has an online tool to check cargo whereabouts. Beni hasn’t been checked in yet. How long should I wait?
My thought is if they are legit, they'll want their money , so we'll hear from them. If not, it's already too late. 
     

No comments:

Post a Comment