Wednesday, February 6, 2013

No Car, No What!


The hauler phone number didn’t match the number on the website. It’s a day later; still don’t know where my car is.
My quest for patience gave way to panic hours ago. We’re retired, we can’t replace this stuff, the way we could when we were younger. To tell the truth, I would have never taken losing my car well.
Transporting Beni is digging into the very last of our resources. Oh, gee, another cause for panic; paying for it!
Internet piracy happens all the time. Heavens, I could get paranoid without really trying.
I love Puerto Rico. It’s worth all the difficulty to be in a tropical garden with the lake, the mountains, and the rock formations. Remind me of that later.
My neighbor, who speaks only Spanish, our contact for the phone company just told me Claro called. Twenty questions and google translate later; I’m not getting my phone for five to six weeks because the house no longer has a line. Could life get any better?
Shit, I can’t afford a cell phone, right now. The phone line is $25 a month. That was doable. It never occurred to me that I’d be sweating such small amounts, but here it is. Damn, I wish Claro would have told me about the phone line when they told me we couldn’t get internet here. We’ve been without a phone for a month.
So, I just got an email from the shipper, NO, your car is at Sea Star, will leave port on the such and such; just an invoice.
The agent handling this had a great sales personality. He should have saved some of that personality for his customer service.
The shipper’s website proudly displayed Visa, Master Card and American Express, but these people keep asking for cash transfers. I filled out the form on the website to track my vehicle before I received the email, so I assume they are connected, a small relief.
Guess I’ll pay the hauler and get a cell phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment