Sunday, February 10, 2013

SUV Shipped to the Island


Just when the panic button became a serious option, I used Sea Star’s tracking device again. This time success, the SUV was in the Port of San Juan. Oh joy, that gave me a major relief.
Where is my car? My shipping agent never responded. He replied with instructions to send money to a company that, when I looked it up, sells cookware. Wouldn't you be suspicious?
It’s funny that I feel so relieved and yet, I’m still so blasted annoyed; now, to put my last two nickels together to pick “Beni” up.
The Department of Hacienda levies and collects the excise tax to import a car. They have a nifty gizmo on the website to estimate the tax. You fill in the VIN or make, model and year. They give you a tax estimate. How nice to know before heading out, and remember I don’t have a phone, so, I’m thrilled with anything I can do over the internet.
Don’t you just know that gizmo DID NOT WORK? I went through the instructions over and over with a check sheet, so I wouldn't miss a step. I thoroughly wanted to be ready to go to San Juan Monday morning.  
Tension: being at the end of your credit wondering if you’re going to make it; that about sums it up. I’d love waiting until Monday, if I were a masochist.
On the bright side I’m going to spend a couple of days with my very good friend Adri at her home in Carolina. We can walk to the beach. She goes swimming with a pack of rescue dogs.
That’s what I need: a dog packed vacation. Enjoy your day. Thanks for reading.  

No comments:

Post a Comment