Sunday, May 5, 2013

Puerto Rico Sunday Morning And Me


Sunday morning leisurely spent looking out bedroom window where trees dot undulating shade and sunlit pastures silent save the dove hooting in the big orange Flamboyant tree. Yesterday’s mown lawn smells green and rico enticing me to breathe more deeply, savoring the richness. I am loathe to lumber to the kitchen to make coffee. Did I say coffee?
Soon the scent of freshly ground coffee stirs me to take care of Kirt’s morning needs. The amputation wound is healing, looks like a great big circular scab. To be more precise it looks like somebody slashed him with a knife. I guess it looks like what it is; hmm, why that feels like a big revelation is beyond me, but so it goes. We have so much adjusting to do. It sneaks up on me sometimes. Usually I am busy enough and focused on a variety of things that I don’t allow myself to think too much about the changes in our lives. Well, this isn’t the first dramatic change in our lives, so as always, its one day etc, etc.
Still disciplined with many chores each week, but Sunday morning is my time. Here in Guajataca communing with the creator comes naturally. This, I believe, is some of God’s loveliest work. Landscape making me smile on a difficult day is priceless. Thank you, God. And thank you for the kind loving people of Puerto Rico. I have my difficulties with the language and the differences in our cultures, I love the way people go out of their way for one another. It isn’t universal. All the shit that happens in society is here like any place there’s people, but we receive so much kindness our hearts thrive and smile in gratitude to the people we meet on an average day. Yes, Cheryl, there is a reason we stay here and, no, we’re not stupid. ;)
Time to assist my darling with his shower so we can enjoy what man has made. We’re going to the mall. Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment