Wednesday, January 16, 2013

God Smiled on Puerto Rico


Can you picture God first imagining earth? Was it with the part of God’s mind from which sprang science? Or did God create the earth with an artist’s eye? 
Did God create the rules, or does God abide by rules?
I look at my beautiful valley in great admiration of God’s work. Green fields rise to meet white clouds. Orange blossoms punctuate hillsides with color. My eye is drawn to the lake. Cool blue demands audience.
Did God smile when earth’s creation was done? How could a creator not? We smile broadly when we do far less. Maybe we require disappointment to relish achievement.
Look at the beauty before me. Nothing we create advances near. My spirit settles here, anxiety fades.
God was in a good mood when creating Puerto Rico. I am blessed to be here. Gracias a Dio.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment