Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Getting Settled, Or Trying


We’re in the tip of the Bermuda Triangle. No phone, internet broadband no longer working, or my husband’s glucometer. The carport light refused to be turned off, no matter how hard we wiggled the switch. The switch for the other light turned the naughty light on as well, but never off, had to disengage the breaker. If that light comes back on I am really going to be scared. Smile.
Liberty Cable in Hatillo, where we went yesterday to solve this ongoing problem has the very best staff. We loved the guard at the door. He couldn’t have been nicer, opened the door for us, showed us what to do. The lady behind the desk could not have sounded sadder, when she informed us we weren’t in their service area. Now, I know why my friend Gloria recommended them to me, good call my friend. We need competitive services in el campo.
After the big dive we just took, we need to be ultraconservative. What we have isn’t going to go far. Ah, the old wants versus needs.
Every time I get too serious about my troubles, the Great Courses DVD in the drive comes to life with the dramatic musical crescendo. I am really into those, glad I bought a few when we still had money.
Bands of white and darker grey clouds roll over the mountains. I love the aroma of freshly ground coffee beans in the morning. The roosters are crowing their butts off. There goes the Great Courses DVD again.
On Saturday morning the valley is alive with activity, after the tranquil weekdays, I enjoy the energy.
So far retirement for me is a cup of coffee on the porch, while watching the clouds roll in over the mountains. Of course, it’s followed by the journey of the day, which is Claro and AT&T in Plaza Del Norte, Arecibo.
The clouds over the mountains are getting darker, the under belly of the cloud pierced by the tallest spire gives rain. Shadows darken proud peaks looking now like an under world exposed. The netherworld grows with the grey in the clouds. Rain lightens the grey, as if the forces conspire. Who needs TV, when this drama unfolds?
The internet is another matter. I feel like a flipping addict. I’d better get a job, if I’m going to get Ground Control. Lord, I love the name. I hear a young Elton John’s Major Tom beckoning Ground Control. Their website is major sexy, pure power. I want it!
To advocate for the animals of the island, I need to be online. I just started a free online course on fantasy, how appropriate.
Hello to my good friends in New Orleans. I wish I could have brought you with me. Miss you mucho!

No comments:

Post a Comment