Thursday, June 10, 2010

Visit Puerto Rico See the Beaches and the Dogs

Hello Puerto Rico if you want to improve tourism, SPAY IS THE WAY! Zero population growth for the island dogs! This could be a dog lover’s dream vacation if the island cleaned up her act!
The spirit of Puerto Rico is in these dogs living impoverished lives in the back drop of the most beautiful place in the world. They have grace even in adversity and sometimes not.



I would like people to come to get to know the Puerto Rico I know and love. It includes cool dog rescuers, who would gladly show tourists around the beaches so they could see the dogs. Donations from tourists could support rescues or FOICCA programs.


Mostly it includes some of the coolest and most unique dogs I have ever met.


People around the world are doing cool things with dogs. The more we train with a dog, the more together we become. I knew a lady who trained in agility, that dog always wanted to live in her head constantly. The brilliant Border Collie wanted the rush they both felt in the harmony.


The show dog looking into a handler’s eyes plays the beauty pageant dog role like a star. Dog lovers are everywhere and so are great dogs.


One of the things the island has taught me all over again is the importance of socialization. I thought I did a good job with Shaker the Golden Retriever waiting for us. With what the Satos teach me, maybe not.


If the dogs were actually controlled: spayed, vaccinated, collared, etc.; the island economy could be stimulated by tourists wanting to take more than a tee shirt home.


If the Department of Tourism wanted to hire someone passionate about this issue; I am available. A Boricua friend of mine said the PR tourism office would hire a hack, before talking to me. Please, prove my friend wrong, give me a hollar.


No comments:

Post a Comment