Saturday, May 22, 2010

Copa Marina

A beautiful resort in Guanica on the south side of the island of Puerto Rico welcomes travelers. Madelyn, the night clerk is professional and also very nice.
We had not planned our stay. I have a conference to attend in the morning and didn't want to drive across the island early, so the Copa Marina was a lovely surprise.

After driving through the mountains at night we were tired, there is no room service, so I went to Las Palmas, the outdoor cafe. Raul, the bartender with a twinkle in his eye took my order to go. Most of the the patrons at the bar had rum drinks, not surprising. My Margarita made the wait enjoyable.
Once back in the room my husband eagerly munched his hamburger with crispy fries just the way he likes them.
Calamari is one of my very favorite appetizers. Fresh seafood is an island delight. Imagine opening the container to nine chewy, greasy calamari rings. Yes, $1 a calamari ring. They were so tough there was no way I could swallow them.
There are many things I like about the Copa Marina, but I will skip the calamari.

No comments:

Post a Comment