Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Hello Puerto Rico Our Retirement Home

We’ve been home in Guajataca two weeks today. Sitting on the veranda watching rain on the ridge does not accomplish much, so I still have quite a bit of cleaning to do. There is no rush; I am retired.



Having spent most of my life in Illinois, who would guess that Kirt and I would retire to a tropical island for real?


Most of the work around here is being done by our Spanish speaking neighbor, who is cutting the overgrown grass with a machete, which he prefers to the weed wacker. Conversations are short and difficult, but getting better; could it be my Spanish is improving, probably not.


I don’t know how to do “retired” yet, so living in paradise may have a learning curve. Returning to our favorite places and finding new ones should aid the transition.


It’s good to be home; I think I’ll go shopping today. Tricia


No comments:

Post a Comment